The Ranakas grace the cover of Sowetan S Mag’s first family-themed issue.
Johannesburg, 20 March 2018: Sowetan readers can look forward to an exciting March edition of the quarterly S Mag which has claimed a coup by featuring the popular reality-TV family, the Ranakas, on the cover…and in the pages. This marks the first family-themed edition of the Sowetan S Mag, with an estimated core readership of 171,000.
Sowetan S Mag editor Thembalethu Zulu says that matching the Ranakas with this issue of the magazine was a no-brainer. “With this being our first family-themed edition, we felt that the ‘first-family’ of reality TV was a great choice. The Ranakas are not only fun and boisterous, but they’re a great reflection of an authentic African family. With so many interesting members, we are sure our readers will identify with at least one of them,” says Zulu.
Sowetan S Mag was first launched in June 2016, and although it was aimed primarily at a female readership, the magazine has also attracted a strong male audience. “We are so lucky to have an engaged audience who have shown us so much love since we launched! From letters, to sharing their personal stories when we cover topics that touch them, the Sowetan S Mag is really nurturing a community of aspirant and interested readers,” says Zulu.
What the March issue holds in store…
- The March edition of Sowetan S Mag introduces a fun snap-shot feature with a celebrity, starting with The Queen’s Sthembiso SK Khoza.
- The latest beauty and fashion trends are also highlighted to help women transition into the new season with ease.
- The finance column advises readers on how to deal with a partner who is cheating on them with money.
- For those who enjoy food and wine, the issue includes a feature with chef Wandile Mabaso (who has worked with Alain Ducasse), as well as a wine and drinks column from sommelier Xolani Mancotywa who recommends the perfect reds for the cooler season.
- With royal wedding fever mounting, Sowetan SMag also shares ideas on how a royal touch can be added to every wedding.
- In the S Man section, male readers can enjoy fashion, latest trends, as well as grooming tips on the best tools to add to their grooming kits right now.
Recognising the strength of Sowetan S Mag’s reader appeal, leading brands including Polo, Diesel, Nivea, Swatch, and ASJ amongst others have come on-board for the March edition.
Reardon Sanderson, GM Group Sales & Marketing at Tiso Blackstar Group, notes how Sowetan’s core audiences in metropole areas of Johannesburg and Soweto, as well as Cape Town and Durban have created numerous opportunities for brands to resonate positively and effectively with this market. “Sowetan’s reputation combined with the outstanding and original editorial content of Sowetan S Mag delivers a platform where advertisers can land their brands with impact,” he says.
Similarly, Aspasia Karras, Publisher of Magazine Supplements at Tiso Blackstar says: “It is so gratifying to see Sowetan SMag growing from strength to strength. There are other exciting brands extensions planned for 2018 – watch this very creative space.”
The SMag is included in the 23 March issue of Sowetan.
For advertising opportunities in the quarterly Sowetan SMag, please contact: Yvonne Shaff on 082 9035641 or Shaffy@tisoblackstar.co.za.
Notes to Editor:
Please contact Samantha Pugh to facilitate interviews with Thembalethu Zulu about the family edition, and what Sowetan S Mag readers can expect.
Issued by: Samantha Pugh, Pugh Public Relations & Corporate Communications
e: firstname.lastname@example.org c: 071 874 5460
On behalf of: Reardon Sanderson, General Manager: Group Sales & Marketing, Tiso Blackstar Group